Hit Points, Damage, and Healing
Hit points are a measure of how much damage a creature (or character) can take before being incapacitated, or killed. Hit points are reduced when a creature takes (lethal) damage, and increased by healing, which includes magical spells and potions. The quantities that matter are:
- HP – The current number of Hit Points
- SHP – Soak Hit Points. These are hit points acquired due to some temporary circumstance. They are added to the HP to get the creature’s …
- THP – Total current Hit Points.
- MHP – Maximum hit points. The maximum value that HP can reach as a result of healing.
- NLDP – Non-Leathel Damage Points.